Dak To launch site commo, running a GRC-109 and a 390a receiver. This is the HF section. To the right of the picture was the VHF/UHF radio section
- Basic Characteristics:
Frequency Coverage : 30 – 75.95 MC in 2 bands: 30-52.95 MC and 53 to 75.95 MC, each in 50 KC
increments. 920 Channels total
- Frequency Modulated (FM) “wideband” voice
- Technology : Transistorized except for vacuum tube 2DF4 in the transmitter power amplifier
- Transmitter deviation : 10 KC nominal
- Power Source : BA-386/PRC-25 or BA-4386/PRC-25 battery (portable) or the vehicular amplifier 24 volt
Power Supply as the VRC-53 or GRC-125
- Battery life : 60 hours with BA-4386/PRC-25. Depends upon transmit-receive ratio in use.
- Power Output : 1.5 Watts (Band 2) to 2 watts (Band 1) minimum
- Squelch : Tone (150 cps) Operated “Squelch” mode selected by front panel function switch. Squelch is
disabled when the Function switch is in the “ON” position.
- Weight : 25 pounds with battery and accessories, as carried
- Planning Range : 3-5 miles